The Royal Musical Association Music and Philosophy Study Group (MPSG) aims to provide a distinctive, long-term forum for those with an interest in music and philosophy to share and discuss work, in the hope of furthering dialogue in this area.
- MPSG 2021 – Call for Papers and SessionsOur Call for Papers and Sessions is out! Read more about the MPSG 2021 conference and how to submit your […]
- Retrospective Review No. 4 is up!Read our new Retrospective Review of #peterkivy‘s “The Corded Shell” (1980) a text which our reviewer @DerekMatravers designates “a slightly […]
- CFP: Words without songs. From language aesthetics to aesthetic theory in Adorno’s musical writingsSymposium at the University of Vienna and the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (mdw) 12–14 November 2020 Organisation: […]
- Dialektik (in) der Musik: Philosophische Analysen von Beethoven bis BoulezCancelled due to COVID-19 März 26 – 27, 2020 Venue: Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg | Lehmkuhlenbusch 4 | 27753 Delmenhorst Organizers: Dr. Richard […]
- CFA: Music and Language RevisitedCall for articles Journal Rivista Italiana di Filosofia del Linguaggio Vol. 14, N. 1/2020 Special issue on: Music and Language […]
- CONF: Expression, Language, and Music (ELM)13-15 May 2020 | Lyceum Center, Hartford, CT ECOM’s (Expression, Communication, and Origins of Meaning Research Group) new biennial conference *Expression, […]
Biennial MPSG Conferences in London
Find out more about our forthcoming biennial conference in 2021. Please see the 2019 conference page for more information on our last conference, including our diversified variety of session formats.