The Royal Musical Association Music and Philosophy Study Group (MPSG) aims to provide a distinctive, long-term forum for those with an interest in music and philosophy to share and discuss work, in the hope of furthering dialogue in this area.
- Retrospective Review No. 4 is up!Read our new Retrospective Review of #peterkivy's “The Corded Shell” (1980) a text which our reviewer @DerekMatravers designates "a slightly … Read more
- CFP: Words without songs. From language aesthetics to aesthetic theory in Adorno’s musical writingsSymposium at the University of Vienna and the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna (mdw) 12–14 November 2020 Organisation: … Read more
- Dialektik (in) der Musik: Philosophische Analysen von Beethoven bis BoulezCancelled due to COVID-19 März 26 – 27, 2020 Venue: Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg | Lehmkuhlenbusch 4 | 27753 Delmenhorst Organizers: Dr. Richard … Read more
- CFA: Music and Language RevisitedCall for articles Journal Rivista Italiana di Filosofia del Linguaggio Vol. 14, N. 1/2020 Special issue on: Music and Language … Read more
- CONF: Expression, Language, and Music (ELM)13-15 May 2020 | Lyceum Center, Hartford, CT ECOM’s (Expression, Communication, and Origins of Meaning Research Group) new biennial conference *Expression, … Read more
- CFA: Sound PicturesThe British Society of Aesthetics is delighted to sponsor Sound Pictures, a conference bringing together theorists, researchers, and postgraduates from … Read more
Biennial MPSG Conferences in London
Our forthcoming biennial conference will take place in 2021. Please see the 2019 conference page for more information on our last conference, including our diversified variety of session formats.