2 July 2016, Bath Spa University
with the support of the Centre for Musical Research at Bath Spa University
This year the Music and/as Process study group extends its focus to collective working practices which involve group decision making as part of the composition process, rehearsal, or performance. The day will include practice-led presentations, workshops, and papers and will be based at Bath Spa University’s Newton Park campus.
Call for Contributions
We welcome proposals for contributions in the following formats:
- Paper (20 minutes)
- Lecture-recital (30 minutes)
- Participatory lecture/workshop (30 minutes)
Proposals on any aspect of process in music are welcome, although this year we are particularly interested in proposals that address:
- collective composition working practice
- collective decision-making in rehearsal
- live group decision-making in performance
- uses of technology to mediate collective behaviours and decision-making
- formation and operation of collectives
- distributed creativity
Proposals should include all of the details of the proposed contribution, to include:
- the name(s) of presenter(s)
- title of paper/lecture-recital/workshop
- 300-word abstract
- [for participatory workshops only] description of the format of the workshop, including a full list of any technical requirements and other resources.
Please send your proposals by email to Lauren Redhead:firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended deadline for proposals: 18th March 2016
Notification of successful presentations can be expected in April.
In your proposal please clearly indicate all of the presenters, including any performers if you do not intend to perform your own work. Unfortunately, the study group is not able to provide any financial assistance to attend the conference, or to support the creation or performance of works at the conference. All presenters and delegates will be required to pay the conference registration fee, but this will be kept as low as possible.