The Editors of Evental Aesthetics, an independent, peer-reviewed journal dedicated to philosophical and aesthetic intersections, are pleased to invite submissions for our forthcoming issue. Deadline: 31 March, 2014.
We welcome full-length articles (4,000-10,000 words, excluding endnotes) and Collisions (1,000-2,500 words). More information on Collisions is at http://eventalaesthetics.net/for-authors/.
This issue will have two parts, one dedicated to a specific theme, and the other (“unthemed”) devoted to aesthetic, philosophical questions of any kind. The Editors therefore seek submissions in two categories.
1. Aesthetics and philosophy (“unthemed”): This section will be devoted to philosophical matters pertaining to any aesthetic practice or experience, including but not limited to art and everyday aesthetics.
2. Fantasy (this issue’s “theme”): Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
– Fantasy as a musical genre
– “The fantastic” and “the monstrous” as aesthetic and/or critical categories
– Fantasy’s place in critique
– Dreams: their aesthetic representation (e.g. in Berlioz?s Symphonie Fantastique)
Both categories may be freely interpreted, however all submissions must address philosophical matters.
Please visit http://eventalaesthetics.net/for-authors/ for submission requirements.